BC Guidelines are clinical practice guidelines and protocols that provide recommendations to B.C. practitioners on delivering high quality, appropriate care to patients with specific clinical conditions or diseases.
Clinical History and Examination: by Productive Medic. Educational printed information and videos on various systems.
The Cochrane Library (ISSN 1465-1858) is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about Cochrane groups.
Diagnosis Overview: RightDiagnosis.com is one of the world’s leading providers of online medical health information. The site is an independent, objective source of factual, mainstream health information for both consumers and health professionals
Dr. Mel Medical links for GPs
- Chronic Kidney Disease Summary
- Chronic Kidney Disease Full Version
- Hypertension Guidelines
- Diabetes Management
- Australian Cardiovascular Risk Charts
INTERACT Tools INTERACT is an acronym for “Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers”. The interventions is a quality improvement program designed to improve the identification, evaluation, and communication about changes in resident status.
MedicalDeviceSummit presents a basic list of non-commercial regulatory reference links, most from FDA itself.
Med-Source: Resources for Medical Students
Merck Manuals: First published in 1899 as a small reference book for physicians and pharmacists, The Merck Manual grew in size and scope to become one of the most widely used comprehensive medical resources for professionals and consumers. As the Merck Manual evolved, it continually expanded the reach and depth of its offerings to reflect the mission of providing the best medical information of the day to a wide cross-section of users, including medical professionals and students, veterinarians and veterinary students, and consumers.
Never Events: This white paper describes the adverse patient events currently defined by various quality organizations, presents evidence to support the positive relationship between nurse staffing and prevention of adverse patient outcomes, and proposes two distinct calculations that support the financial commitment for additional staff.
Physical Restraints: A Reduction & Elimination Toolkit, by Quality Insights Pennsylvania
UpToDate® is the premier evidence-based clinical decision support resource, trusted worldwide by healthcare practitioners to help them make the right decisions at the point of care. It is proven to change the way clinicians practice medicine, and is the only resource of its kind associated with improved outcomes.
WebMD: WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.
Weight Maintenance Calculator for Men: Provided by the Calorie Control Council.
Weight Maintenance Calculator for Women: Provided by the Calorie Control Council.
Wiki for Foodstuffs: Provides the free and open food database Wikifood containing information provided by patients and users.
- Best Practices for Prevention of Medical Device-Related Pressure Ulcers, by the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- The Ethicon Wound Closure Manual
- Managing Cavity Wounds: Journal of Community Nursing 1998
- Managing Wound Sinuses: Nursing Times 2002
- Management of Surgical Wounds: Nursing Times 2003
- Next Generation Products for Wound Management: World Wide Wounds 2003
- Nomenclature of Skin Lesions
- The Phases of Cutaneous Wound Healing
- Pressure Ulcer Grading Chart
- Pressure ulcers – prevention and treatment: A Coloplast quick guide
- Principals of Wound Healing: Canadian Assoc. of Wound Healing
- A Quick Reference Guide for Lower-Extremity Wounds: Venous, Arterial, and Neuropathic, by the WOCN® Society’s Wound Committee
- Vacuum Assisted Closure by World Wide Wounds: 2001
- Wound Assessment: Wound Care Education Institute, Michelle Moore RN, MSN, WCC
- Wound Healing and Nutrition: Healthyfellow.com
- Wound Healing: Depth of Tissue Involvement