Preventing COVID-19 Flu in Nursing Homes
Steps for COVID-19 Flu Prevention in Nursing Homes:
- Actively screen visitors and strongly urge anyone who feels ill to stay home.
- Restrict Visiting hours until further notice.
- No visitors under the age of 18, with exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Require visitors to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility.
- Limit patients to their specific floor to avoid potential exposure may compromise their health.
- Actively screen employees.
- Anyone in close contact with someone exposed to COVID-19, should contact their health care provider and self-quarantine, for 14 days from date of exposure.